Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Day After


My son Joseph surprised me yesterday when he made (from scratch) this wonderful torte for my birthday. The crust was made with a thin layer of chocolate followed by cake topped with custard and surrounded with various fruits and almonds and yes folks it was as delicious as it was beautiful. Talk about love, Joe traveled by bus and train from his college apartment with torte in hand just to make sure I had it yesterday.

I was very spoiled yesterday by both family and friends. I received many beautiful gifts and cards. But what especially touched my heart was the singing of Happy Birthday "via" phone message by first my parents in the early morning and then at night by my son Shaun, his wife Trish and those wonderful adorable beautiful and yes very intelligent grandchildren Shaun and Nikolas. The sweet voices of Shaun and Nikolas in song was breath taking and beautiful as they belted out those high notes. (so I brag alittle)

And not to forget my son Josh, the greatest gift he could ever give me is to stay well, live long and stay drug free.

1 comment:

KarinGal said...

Happy Birthday Patti! This torte looks gorgeous -- and it sounds like it was delicious, too. Hope you had a wonderful day.