Thursday, August 31, 2006

Taking A Short Break

Earlier picture of Bill & I
Bill's parents (Jerry & Molly)
Molly & I in an earlier picture. (I call her the perfect mother-in-law)


Bill and I will be taking a short five day trip down to Florida this weekend to visit his parents. His mother was just diagnosed with cancer. Sadly, the cancer is in three areas; brain, lung and rib.

Four years ago, she had breast cancer and it appears it has returned. She is still undergoing a series of tests that should be completed by the time we get there.

Just this past month, Bill's parents spent two weeks up here in the area. First they stayed with Bill's brother Jerry in King of Prussia then they stayed with us before they spent the remainer of their vacation with my parents in (Washington's Crossing) whom they have been friends with for many years. Actually, my mom and Bill's mom have been friends since childhood so you can imagine how hard this is on her too.

And to make things even stranger, my mother is Bill's godmother.

Talk about keeping it all in the family.

No comments: