Wednesday, September 06, 2006

300 Million Assholes Strong

The end of that sentence read "White House Gift Shop."

This is actually a website. "Seriously". I happen to come across it when I was checking to see if our scheduled flight down to Florida was still on time because of "Ernesto". Of course, when I saw the title, I was compelled to view the website and I must say I do not shock easy but this shocked me.

So whatever your political views, the website sells some fascinating stuff if you are "not in favor of this administration". But, I warn you, it is the most American-bashing website that I have seen in a long time and I am surprised it has not been shut down by the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security or all of the above. As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if my "ever-loving patriotic" grandparents did decide to come down from their heavenly perch and close them down themselves. It is that bad. You can purchase any variety of items such as "strong fitting thongs for men". (I am not kidding) Though, I have to wonder why they need to label them "strong fitting". I guess that is to carry that heavy package some may struggle to tote around on a daily basis. Other selling Asshole items are T-shirts, BBQ aprons, Tote bags, buttons and bumper stickers all in that Bush Hater motif.

I know what you are thinking. (Marianne) Who cares? Maybe someone. Maybe no one. But, I am always amazed on what you can find on the internet. I mean where else can you read the "unthinkable" but in the comfort of your home in front of a computer screen with your morning java. It is like you never have to leave the room to see what the outside world is doing.

No comments: