Friday, December 01, 2006

Diary Of A Honeymoon Part III

Day 5 "Beginning Our Trip Back Home"

We left Stowe, Vermont today a day earlier then planned because tomorrow they expect torrential downpours as in rain. Before we left the area, we stopped at the Trapp Family Lodge, Teddy Bear Factory, Lake Champlain Chocolates and a few other little country stores where Bill bought some sort of weird pumpkin ale and some other strange beer that they make there for Shaun and Joey to try. I of course bought chocolates and a stuffed moose for Nikolas and a stuffed lamb for Joey's baby that I was reminded of will not even be born for another seven months. But you know me and those babies????? I still need to get Shaun Patrick something but I did not see any Star Wars or Guns up in those stores. I did see a bear dressed in a military outfit but I was in no way paying one hundred dollars for a stuff bear..........

After leaving Stowe, we began our trip South by driving on Rt 91 that borders New Hampshire with Vermont and stopping for the night in Springfield, Massachusetts. On our way to Springfield, we passed a new road crossing sign, Bear Crossing. Now, how do they come up with where bear actually cross the road or moose, deer or cattle for that matter? Anyway, we drove once again through Bumpkin Ville and it was several off the highway detours before we stopped to eat dinner because I refused to eat in another road-side dive where the waitress has the ass the size of a freight train and was both owner and cook that served your meal on a paper-plate accompanied with plastic forks after being informed that the grill was just fixed and needed to warm up.

Do I sound cranky? That is because I am in pain and have been now for three days. I have been sleeping on a heating pad (yes, I brought one) and using a tens unit in the car on my cock-sucking shoulder. This shoulder is worth foul-language and if you do not think so then you feel this pain that has no problem radiating down my right (dominate) arm and preventing me from fully enjoying anything and making me wish for narcotics. Writing this is plain torture so I will stop now.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Oh my GOSH! You are only like, 30 minutes away from me right now! I live in Hartford. Small world. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!