Monday, January 22, 2007

On A Mission

If you noticed, I have been trying to tag (on right side) all the 400 plus entries I have made since 2005. It is a major task and I am sure it will take weeks/months to finish it.

Over the last few weeks I have realized that some folks are clicking onto my blog because they themselves are researching certain names. (Google searches) I was surprised to see that some of these folks are researching as far away as Bosnia, China, England and as close as those in Philadelphia.

I figured if I labeled all my research then it would be easier for them to just click on the names they are interested in. I myself cannot believe how much research/information I have posted over the last eighteen months. How many facts I have on our family and the places they lived/worked/prayed. I have Military Records, Ship Passengers Lists, Census Records, Baptism/Death/Burial Records. I am beginning to think I need a personal secretary to keep it all in order.

I have so much information on so many lives.

I have so much information I want to share.

Because I could not be more proud of who we are and where we came from.

And because seventeen years ago I made a promise to my grandmother that I will never let anyone forget our history.

2 comments:

Holli said...

The work you do is truly amazing. It takes such patience. I don't have the brain power to keep it all organized and straight and of who belongs to who and such. I find it fascinating! I wish someone would do this for my family.

Anonymous said...

My Family also resided in the East Falls section of Philadelphia and I found your information by accident, just trying to trace my roots also. You don't happen to have any pictures of the old Bathy that was located on Ridge Ave. My mother grew up in the Old Smith Mansion on Indian Queen Lane on Plush Hill, and my Aunt Mildred and Uncle Ter Noll lived on Ridge Avenue.