Monday, April 09, 2007

When I Was Nine Years Old

I used to love to roller skate around in a circle outside my house in the middle of the street.

I used to love to ride my bike around the same circle in the same street.

I used to love to jump rope with my girlfriends. I was really very good at jumping "double dutch".

I used to love to play with my dolls in the backyard of my friend Margie Gallagher's house who lived right around the corner.


I used to love playing in Laurel Hill Cemetery climbing on the headstones and chasing the many stray kittens running in the area.

I had four close friends back in 1969. They were Linda Kenny, Margie Gallagher, Marlene Caruso and Kathy Conboy.

I wonder where they are today.

1 comment:

Spicy said...

Pat,
Some things never change! My granddaughter and I still skip rope, and I just bought her a huge bag of colored chalk for hopscotch.
I want her to be 9 forever.
Cheers!