Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Simply Vs. Complicated

Several months ago, I made the decision to downsize and as a result, I live in a smaller place and own far less material things (exception shoes). My next downsize move is to trade in my Iphone for a regular cell phone. While others are upgrading, I am downgrading. I decided I did not need Facebook or the Internet on my phone. I do not want to be THAT connected to the world any longer. I am looking for simple not complicated.

I just completed an accelerated course on Forensics and with a 93 on the midterm and a 96 on the final, I knew my overall grade for the class would be an "A". I congratulated myself by ordering a small pocket size Olympus camera. I will be ready for the spring when I venture out to do genealogy research or go to California with my mother. In addition, Iphone = camera and when I give up the one, I need the other.

Saturday begins another six week accelerated class in Ethics. I have had ethics training in the past. However, if I am starting my own practice, I really need to understand ethics. Three of us are talking about starting a practice together. We are scouting out office space as I write this. We are also discussing whether or not we want to get involved with insurance or have a cash only practice. Then, there is that part of me that wants to relocate to Florida when I become 55yrs old. Whatever! Too much to think about today.

I want to add a few more tips on the site about preventive measures one can take to stop burnout dead in its track or at least lessen the impact. I will write about that in the next post.

No comments: