Monday, May 14, 2012

Goodnight my angel.

Time to close your eyes. And save these questions for another day. I think I know what you've been asking me. I think you know what I've been trying to say. I promise I would never leave you. And you should always know, I never will be far away. ]Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep. And still so many things I want to say. Remember all the songs you sang for me. When we went sailing on a emerald bay. And like a boat out on the ocean. I'm rocking you to sleep. The water is dark and deep inside this Grandmom's heart. You'll always be a part of me. Goodnight my angel, now it's time to dream. And dream how wonderful your life will be. Some day a child may cry and if you sing this lullaby. Then in your heart there will always be a part of me.

A song I sang to my granddaughter. It is an Irish lullaby.

No comments: