Wednesday, May 09, 2012

This and That

When my alarm goes off, I think there are a pack of ducks outside quacking. I really need to change the sound on my alarm. Ducks beside, I woke up at 4a and have not been able to fall back to sleep despite being up til 11p last night first chatting with my mom then Bill. I think we talked about everything from work to religion to family to vacation. My parents just returned from California and I wanted to know her plans for Mother's Day. She is taking my niece and her daughter to see Peter Pan in town. Therefore, I will mail out my Mom's birthday and Mother's Day cards today. I held onto them in the event, she wanted to come here for dinner or if she were at her shore house, I would have driven down there.

It is raining and I can hear the birds chirping in the distance, as the rain is tapping on the balcony, Another day will be starting and I believe I am teaching a co-occurring class this morning.

I took three days off in August to take the grandpoles on vacation, and the week after Labor Day to plan a vacation with Bill. I work Labor Day weekend, therefore already have that Monday off, so I requested off the rest of the week. I am not sure where Bill & I are going, but decided to take the boys to the Great Wolf Lodge in August. I am going to reserve a family suite. The boys will have a ball up there with all its games, kid events and waterpark.

I am still trying to locate Julia Wisloski Coppola in the 1930 Census records now that I know she married a guy by the name of Anthony in 1924. So far I cannot find her and Anthony in the state, let alone the city, so I will begin my search in other states. She is the last Wisloski I have yet to find. She was born in 1906, married in 1924 (marriage record), but seemed to disappear after that date. I am also still searching for the last Boland sibling, Ellen who folklore states she married, had a son who was involved in an accident, and Ellen suffered severe depression, and was even sent to Byberry State Hospital. Apparently, she only had one child. Her married name is still not accurate. It could be Di Santos, Di Santis, De Santo. I do not know the first name of her husband though I believe her son was named John, It would be great to discover her marriage record if only to get the correct married name.

No comments: