Monday, July 30, 2012

Miss my grandmother today as it is the anniversary of her death. She left us on July 30, 1990. I have a huge void inside that I cannot fill. What she had, I should have. I loved and lost. Sometimes the pain is so deep, I am afraid of it. I came across this old picture and it brought back memories of me sitting on her front steps in the summer.


The Charles truck = pretzels, chips and sometimes that special box of cookies. My uncles would buy from the truck and I would sit on those marble front steps with a cookie in one hand and a pretzel in the other. Grandmom was always there beside me. We spent most summer nights on those steps. I was a little girl. It was a time when life was simple, happy and carefree. I always wanted a daughter and I was blessed with sons. I always wanted a granddaughter and after two grandsons, I was blessed with one. I loved her. I always will love her. But, I lost her. This is a void, I will never fill.

No comments: