Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Day in The Life

New Orleans still stands tonight. Hopefully, the electricity will be back on by next Tuesday.

I read Ann Romney's speech and I have to say, I am very impressed. I will be very happy if our present president is not our next president.

I taught Family Education tonight and the new counselor I am currently training said, "I do not think I can pull it off". I reassured him he could. John (counselor) walked in and said, "Hey, I felt the same way when she (me) trained me. I never thought I could do it the way she does it." (He was a former high school English teacher) I laughed at both of them. I also said, "you would never believe I once had social anxiety and could not even eat in public". I am very animated when I teach a class. I love to teach as much as I love to counsel.

Human Resources called me and asked me if I could teach the Addicted Brain for orientation next week. I had to refuse as I will be on vacation. However, I was delighted to be asked. Everyone is unique in their own way. I believe my background in both science and behavioral health has opened doors for me.

My younger grandson started school today. Wow! He is in second grade. My older grandson will start middle school tomorrow. Wow! He is in sixth grade. Where does the time go? The younger grandson is creative. The older grandson is athletic. They are good kids and I am blessed.

Tomorrow is a day off and a visit with a son.

 

No comments: