Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dear Donna, Patty, Marge, Mary, Lisa and Regina,



                                                              Thank you so much for the laughs, tears, food, drink and your love and support. Old friends are the best friends. I have known you since we were teenagers. Many of us went our own separate ways throughout the years to become educated, work, get married and raise families. Thankfully, we reunited and even though many years have gone by, it seems like we just picked up where we left off. Yes. Some of us stayed in contact with this one and that one, but now we are all back together, "Our Posse".

We had great fun over the summer. We had great fun yesterday, and we will have great fun at Regina's October 27th. I find it totally amazing that when I needed you guys, you dropped everything and came yesterday with a week's notice. It is either Donna's organizational skills, or her threats (insert smile) that got you here. I wanted to talk about all the things that occurred over the last 20 months. I spoke about my fears, my losses, my need for support. You guys listened, preached and had me in laughter. I know you guys love and care about me unconditionally, and I know that I am really blessed to have friends who are there no matter what.

You guys had been patient. You guys waited until I was ready to talk, though you knew what was going on. You guys recognized my sadness, but never pointed it out. You remained silent until I was ready. I know now that I was never judged for my mothering skills, or my ability to be a good grandmother. I think I recall one of you saying, "I am gonna punch you in the head". LOL

Honest, straight forward, right from the hip with no holding back. I love it! At one point, I believe all of you were talking at once, while one of you (Patty the Lawyer), was taking written notes. That in of itself was funny as well. The one thing I noticed in that room yesterday over our wine and goodies was that we all became successful. We are all smart independent women. We are all mothers. Most of us are grandmothers. We are the therapist, nurse, lawyer, financial wizards, nurturers, caretakers. We are strong. We certainly are authentic. Glad there are others louder than me. (insert laugh)

I am glad the balcony was large enough to hold the cigarette smokers, and the dead/dying tree made a good ash tray. Still trying to understand, Lisa's need to spit over the balcony. I seriously believe she wanted to see how it would land on the ground below. By the way, I have so much food. What am I going to do with it? Not to mention, three cakes. Regina, your apple cake was breakfast this morning. Lisa, you should have taken a mason jar home for your hurricane. Marge, we will hold you down and dye your hair. Mary, I did not get evicted. I must say, you can use the "f" word with more fashion than I ever heard. Donna, it was funny watching you organize the girls, and the hoagies were just find even though one of your patients had the nerve to die when you wanted to cook. Thanks for taking that damn turkey off my hands, and I wonder if Bill will notice you drank his Captain Morgan. Patty, you are brilliant, and you really shoot straight from the hip and I am glad you could see the Center City Tower, you work in from my balcony. You came all the way from Jersey. I am grateful.

It is the morning after, so my writing may not be as elegant or my grammar (Donna) perfect. However, Donna did say I write more openly than I speak, so here it is. I love you all. Let me say that again. I love you all. I am really lucky to have friends like you.

                                                                                               Pat

No comments: