Friday, September 28, 2012

YAWN

Good Afternoon, Friday! Maybe, one night I will actually sleep. Insomnia kicks ass. I feel good with the exception of "lack of sleep". I am debating whether or not, I will stop at the courthouse in Norristown to check requirements about starting a business here in the Montco county. I already have been to the Media courthouse and Bill inquired in Philly. I want to start a part time private practice while working fulltime during the day. I figure if I got five patients to start, it would be manageable. I already have the space and liability insurance in place and one other therapist interested. Montco is probably where I will practice. I am not taking insurance so it will be a cash based practice. I deal with insurance companies now who dictate treatment so I am staying away from them. I will charge less as a result. I also want to focus on mental health and not drug and alcohol. Thank God, I had the foresight in school to keep my major half and half or else I would be stuck practicing one or the other. I could do both. I do it now. I rather deal with less drama and D&A has alot of drama attached.

The other thing I want to focus on is speaking engagements in schools taking a holistic approach. I truly believe in the holistic approach. What you eat has a direct impact on how you feel emotionally. I already teach holistic approach where I work and people in treatment love it. It is also important to teach people it is ok to talk about how they feel. Too many kids grow up in families where it is not ok to talk about how they feel. They end up becoming adults who shut down emotionally and become rigid.

Anyway, this is my post for the day, I know, "boring".


No comments: