Monday, October 29, 2012

Son of John and Ellen Boland McLaughlin

                                According to the burial records at Westminster Cemetery, John was four months old at his time of death and the family resided at 5238 Pulaski Ave. John is interred in Section Eleven, Lot 335. Date of burial was July 12, 1920.

Of interest, Ellen was my grandmother's aunt and youngest sister to my grandmother's mother, Agnes Bridget. My grandmother lost her mother at age three years old when Bridget died from a ruptured appendix in 1915.

I heard a lot of folklore stories regarding Ellen and the death of her son. I was told she suffered a deep depression when her son died, and was even placed at Byberry. I cannot verify any of this information about Ellen, and so far I cannot find Ellen and her Husband in the 1920, 1930, or 1940 census records even though there is other evidence that they did reside in Philadelphia those years. I was told they only had one child. However, I cannot verify that information. It took several years and many sources to discover the information I can verify such as marriage records, social security death records, and the burial record of the child. My next step is to go over to Westminster Cemetery and have the burial record pulled to see if the parents are interred with the child.

Of interest, all the other Boland children of John and Ellen Doherty Boland are interred in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.



 




 
  
  
  
  
  

No comments: