Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bloom and Grow

Everywhere we went this weekend, I saw hundreds upon hundreds of these tiger lilies growing in gardens, on borders of homes, around mailboxes and just off the side of a road. These lilies represent a life I once had and lost. I planted four gardens that contained a variety of flowers including the lilies in this picture. These lilies are hardy and spread each year producing more and more of its beautiful flowers all summer long. I started with a few and they blossomed in just a few short years that filled the gardens. I can't but wonder how they are this summer. The house and its surrounding property still belongs to me though I have not been there in two years.
I tried to grow these flowers out of pots on my current balcony without success. I miss the days were I could knee down on the lawn and dig my hands in dirt. Maybe one day?

No comments: