Sunday, September 29, 2013

Daily Living

Kohl's had a block buster sale today. I treated myself to a red peacoat. I always wanted a red coat so I grabbed that opportunity today and purchased a short red peacoat. Those who know me, know that I love shoes with a close second to jackets. I wear a lot of black, gray, navy and recently I have been adding some color such as creams, blues, pinks and corals. I have been cleaning out the closets of clothes, shoes and jackets, I do not wear any longer so I can donate them to St. Francis.

A week ago I purchased a nice pair of heels that are a deep red. They look great with a black skirt suit I have.

Today, I also treated myself to flowers from Whole Foods. The Fall Bouquet is sitting in a vase on my dining room table. Whole Foods have beautiful flowers at a fair price.

I felt a bit under the weather today. Glad I had the day off from work.

I have two vacation weekends planned. The first weekend in December, we will take the boys to the mountains to celebrate Nikolas's 9th birthday. The weekend of my February birthday will be in Gettysburg. I think we will pull for a September 2014 trip to Ireland. No plans were made yet for Ireland. I will check out some sites. I want to fly into Dublin and stay two nights, rent a car and then drive to Donegal and stay there two or three nights before we drive to County Mayo for another two or three nights then return to Dublin and stay another night before flying back to the states. I figure our base will be in those three areas and we can drive out to other areas if we want to. I have no interest in tours. I want to travel the back roads, visit the places the locals visit. No stone kissing or crystal factories for us. If I want to look at crystal from Ireland, I can walk over to my China cabinet.

I thought about Thanksgiving in New York.

I think it would be great to spend Thanksgiving in New York.

No comments: