Thursday, September 26, 2013

Growing Pains


Being off these last two days have been insightful and productive. I allowed myself to feel some feelings which is always healthy, I thought about those who lie, disrespect and are disloyal. I got a lot of housework done and much needed rest.

I never liked lying. Actually, I really hate lying and wonder if those who embellish the truth actually do believe that others cannot see through it. I know I see through the lie immediately. However, I generally do not tell the person who is lying that I believe they are lying. It is sad when you cannot believe what someone is saying. It is even more sad that someone cannot tell the truth. Coward is the word that crosses my mind. I struggle with whether or not to confront a liar.

Disrespect is something I have allowed people to do. I do not allow anyone to disrespect me anymore. It becomes a habit for people to disrespect once one allows it. Boundary is the word that comes to my mind. Boundaries are very important for all of us to set even if it does hurt to set them.

Loyalty can be confusing. How does one define loyalty? I always thought the word meant, "I have your back no matter what". I am really not sure anymore.

Growing pains. I feel like I have growing pains. I am growing as a person but it hurts like hell. I am told that pain will pass. I guess it is not passing fast enough for me. I know that I have a lot more growing to do and that means there will be a lot more pain.

No comments: