Saturday, September 07, 2013

Just a Mom

I found an online support group for moms. I no longer feel so much alone. There are other moms out there feeling as I do and experiencing the same type of isolation as I am. I have no experience with this sort of thing and all the feelings that travel along with it. It also helps me understand the process in which we will all face and how to navigate through this process. One mom summed it up, "when someone dies, there is a funeral and one receives cards of condolences". A mom facing this sort of loss, does not get the closure of a funeral and she is ostracized from society. She loses support when she needs it the most, especially since she needs to be supportive at a most challenging time. Generally, she is held accountable as society needs someone to blame.

No comments: