Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another Day in the Life of Me

I ordered Holiday Hams to be delivered to the boys today. I ordered them earlier than last year and two out of three will receive them next week so they can be enjoyed. I began this practice a few years ago. It is a new tradition. I generally order them for Christmas but I wanted them sent out early this year. Christmas will be simple this year. Everyone will receive gift cards. I cut back a lot last year. I will give to the same folks I gave to last year. Most importantly, I will give to my children and grandchildren. Once upon a time, I had Christmas Eve open house every year. This will be the third year in a row I suspended that tradition. I send hams and go to their homes. I volunteered to work both Thanksgiving and Christmas Day so that others can have off. I do not have small children or have to drive hours to see family.

I really could do without the additional weight gain that had the nerve to sneak up on me. I never worried about weight and my height was good at hiding any additional pounds here and there. No one told me about weight gain after menopause and the fact the weight falls in the belly area. I want to know why it is called MEN O PAUSE. Are we pausing the men in our lives? Seriously? I did some reading on the subject and was surprised that muscle around the belly turns to fat once estrogen levels drop. In order to combat the belly fat, a post menopausal woman must reduce her daily calorie intake about 50 to 100 and exercise 40 minutes every day. Sounds simple? Right? I am still trying to figure the 40 minutes in a 10 to 12 hour work day EVERY BLESSED DAY and does that mean tread mill and weight lifting or can that be walking and biking. Then, there is the cold winter months. Does this mean I have to give up that tasty dessert or glass of wine? Do they sell sugarless and fat free wine? Does sitting in a hot tub count for exercise? If it does I am so very in. I have come to the conclusion that I am not aging gracefully.

Why must one's supervisor send a group text message to all the counselors at 715p to notify us that we must be in the boardroom at 915a for a meeting with the CEO? Does not give me a fuzzy feeling.

I noticed I am writing more. I am writing nearly every day. Boring!

No comments: