Thursday, October 03, 2013

Another Day in the Life

It was an interesting day. Let me just mention that by 10am I was ready to leave work and crawl home. What was it about today that everywhere I looked, walked, passed on by I saw another patient doing something they were not suppose to do and had to redirect. By 10am, I was ready to close the office door and call it a day. Welcome to Residential Treatment! Welcome to average current patient being between 18 and 25. I am working in a Frat House.

I really enjoy the young folks when they are not hanging out the window, sliding down the banisters, screaming across the parking lot, climbing out the fire escape.

I have the perfect job. I can "play" mother to a house full of youngsters.

Of course three of the nine counselors are fresh out of graduate school. I enjoy them too. As a matter of fact, I believe Michelle adopted me as a mother figure as she is planning her wedding and showing me wedding venues to see what I thought. I really like Michelle. She is sweet, tiny and wears the cutest dresses.

It was a very long day. The day ended with a dinner date with these guys.



 
What a blast! They are too funny! If I want to laugh, place these guys in my way. They are growing up. They are funny and smart and totally adorable. Not to mention, they are as Irish as Irish can be with those blue eyes and freckles. They also enjoy each others company. You can tell they love each other. Grandparenting is the best!

No comments: