Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Father vs. Dad

I sent him a card. It has been several years since I sent him a card. He is going to be 80 years old October 4th. Yes. My biological father, the one who did not raise me, the one I refer to as father vs. Dad will be 80 years old. He lives in South Carolina on a ranch and raises horses. Last time I spoke to him was 5 years ago. At that time, his daughter from a second marriage was living nearby, unmarried, no children, training horses. He was 27 years old when I was born, an officer in the United States Navy, a career military man. When she was born, he was 46 years old, retired from the military, an engineer at a chemical company in Southern New Jersey. Seven years after her birth, he would move to South Carolina.

Me (Days)


Her (Days)

5 years ago (Pelion, S.C.)



No comments: