Friday, October 25, 2013

Hello

I ordered the third and final holiday ham today for my son. All three boys and families have a ham on the way.

Did I mention I am glad the weekend is upon us and better yet, I have off from work?

I think my mother went away for a long weekend with my sister and her friends. Why I do not know for sure is because no one told me. Welcome to my family life! We are thick as thieves.

I ate a slice of chocolate truffle babka from Panera Breads. Totally delicious and sweet.

I asked my oldest son what his Thanksgiving plans were. Truth be told, I am looking for an invitation as I will probably work (I volunteered) however if I do not work or receive an invitation, I will probably try and spend the day out of town though I do have to work the following weekend. My middle son will be with his in-laws and my youngest son will be with his father.

I want to take the grandsons out to dinner and/or spend a day with them. I have Halloween cards for them. Trying to schedule some time with them is tough because of sports. I did spend time with my granddaughter and she received her card. My granddaughter is busy with cheerleading, swimming and daisies. They are all growing up.

My renter replaced the bounced check. This time I deposited the check in my savings account, so if it does not clear, I will not mess up the checking account.

I went to the salon after work last night. I liked my hair last night. However, I am not so sure tonight.

My office at work is like a furnace. They really need to lower the heat. My office is on the third floor of an old mansion and it is too cold in the summer and too hot in the winter. They never seem to get the temperature right for the building. I can handle the cold much better than the hot. I hate the heating system as it feels as though the moisture is being sucked out of my skin and hair let alone, I cannot breath. I dress in layers but that does not help the dryness. Then, there are the chemicals housekeeping sprays to clean. Good God!

The next few weeks are going to be tough. I am very lucky to have a job I like. It helps to stay busy. At times, I wish I had someone to talk to. Yes. I have Bill. Sometimes, I wish I had a female to talk to. I am sure I will be fine. I always find a way to survive no matter what. I teach my patients to face their fears, I need to practice what I preach. I have been a lot better with facing my fears. God knows, I have had little choice in the matter.

Today was dress down Friday at work. Jeans and boots were the order of the day, instead of the usual suit and pumps.

Trying to decide how to spend our weekend. Bill wants to take advantage of the Fall season for photography (his side job). I looked into our usual haunts such as Gettysburg or Mountains and some of the old favorites Arlington or Baltimore. Nothing final. I must admit Bill is a wonderful photographer. Take a look for yourself www.billcannon.net   

No comments: