Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sleep Eludes me

Sleep eludes me tonight. I laid awake the last hour and decided to get up and write. I do not want to lay for hours getting frustrated over an inability to fall asleep. Yes. I have to get up at 530a for work. Yes. I will be tired.  Now I have a glass of chocolate milk as company. It is strange that I cannot drink without the chocolate.

So what is keeping me up? It could be the check that did not clear from the renter and the transfer of savings into checking to cover it. I am not sure how I am going to handle the situation and pray that this does not become a habit on her part. I cannot afford to pay the mortgage for the house without the renter's check. Maybe I am awake because I have an earache compounded by five days of headaches. Maybe I am awake because Bill's contract with Vanguard expired and he started a new contract with Apple Vacations and the third day into the job, he gets a swollen right eye that prompted him to leave work early to go to the doctor to have the eye checked out. Tomorrow, he has to go to another doctor for eye and even the possibility of a trip to Will's Eye Hospital in the city. Pretty good reason to be awake, I think. Maybe I just have insomnia.

It is not like I never get insomnia.

No comments: