Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sleepless

Can't sleep. After a hour of tossing and turning, I gave up and took myself out of bed and into the recliner. I am repeating last night. I cannot shut down my mind. I am worried. God in your mercy, please do not take him away from me.

I spent the evening looking at all things "Irish". Tomorrow I will book the flights. That will be step two of the process.

One of my patients got up from the chair, walked across the room, stopped in front of me, pointed a finger and placed me on blast. Two other patients in my group thought I needed protection. It happened so fast......one..... two..... three.... Before I knew it the scene was over. It was a wrap. I managed to convince the others I could handle myself...I remained calm. The patient walked out of the room. I walked into the Director's office. Administrative discharge. It is never a good idea to threaten staff in front of a group. Especially if staff is the therapist. Felt freaked out in the comfort of my office. My feathers rarely get ruffled. That sort of threat was a close call. I was one finger away from being punched. You have to have a thick skin to work with this population.

I really need to sleep. I am not good without sleep. One night I can survive. The second night gets risky. By the third night, I am a disaster waiting to happen. I am like a small child. Cranky without sleep or when hungry.

What will tomorrow bring?

It is tomorrow.

The sun will not rise for another 6 hours.

No comments: