Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Under the Weather and Reading

Headaches and neck pain have over come me this last week. I worked all last week with a headache only to spend the remaining day of the weekend (Sunday) in bed. The only relief I will get is when the headache breaks. I stayed home from work to accomplish that task these last two days. So far it is not working.

I finished the book on Rose Kennedy. It was interesting though critical of her. What I learned from this book was
  • She was spoiled.
  • She was entitled and knew it.
  • She was obsessed with weight and image.
  • She had a lot of house-hold help including maids, cooks, nurses, governesses.
  • She liked quiet.
  • She traveled a lot alone.
  • She left the important decisions up to her husband.
  • She was in Paris when her father died and never made it back for the funeral. The same thing when her mother died.
  • She helped raise (or her house-hold helped raise) her sister's Agnes's children.
  • She spent a lot of money on clothes, travel, hotels, jewelry but was cheap at the same time.
  • She loved the spot light then escaped to be alone.
  • She never changed a diaper, cooked a meal, or cleaned her house.
I think I am jealous of her. Not really.

I am going to start a new book called "The Plantagenets". I believe it starts in the 11th century. The Plantagenets ruled before the Yorks or Lancastrians who ruled before the Tudors.

Should be interesting if one likes history as I do.

I would really like this pain at the base of my neck to stop hurting.
 

No comments: