Monday, November 18, 2013

Daily Living

It is funny the things you think of as you get ready for work in the morning. For some reason, I noticed a daily routine I have each morning and the products I use in that routine. I had mentioned before that I get up early every morning whether it is a work day or a day off. I like to drink my coffee and watch the sun rise. It grounds me. Some people pray. Some people jog. I watch the sun rise. It is especially grand when the temperatures are chilly and I can cuddle under a down comforter. From my Redken Silky Smooth to L'Oreal Age Perfect to Bare Minerals to Tresemme to Philosophy Perfume with its light fragrance, I am a creature of habit.

I do not wear a lot of makeup and I never wear foundation. It all feels too heavy. I like mascara, a hint of blush, mineral veil and lipstick. If I take more than five minutes applying makeup, it is too long. I never wore a lot of makeup and as I get older, less is more. I really believe women should use less not more of makeup as they age or it looks fake and caked. Bare Minerals is a great makeup line. Perfume. Have you ever been in an elevator with someone who has practically bathe in strong perfume? Again, I believe light is best and Philosophy does it for me. Once upon a time, I washed and blew dried my hair every morning. I do not wash and blow it dry every morning now. As I have gotten older, my hair is drier so I wash it a few times a week and sometimes I allow it to air dry before I style it, If I have to spend more than ten minutes on my hair, it is not happening. Redken Silky Smooth is great for dry hair and protects it when styling.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like shoes. Yes. I have several pairs of shoes, whether they are boots, flats, heels, wedges, sneakers, flip flops or sandals in mostly black, brown, gray, navy and a few in other colors. I do not know why I like shoes so much. Maybe, it is because I worked 20 years as a Lab Supervisor and was limited to sneakers and scrubs as professional wear. Since I changed careers, I packed away the scrubs and sneakers and graduated to the suits and shoes of various varieties. I like jackets too and I have fun mixing and matching separates. Red is my color this year. I never buy a jacket or a pair of shoes unless they are on sale and I have a discount. I do invest in good tights/hose/bras. Investing in these underclothes provide comfort, support and last a really long time. If I invest in a decent pair of tights, I can expect them to last a few years or more. Yes. Really.

As a kid, I never liked nor cared to make my bed in the morning. I always thought it was a waste of time. I mean, I am just going to crawl back in it at night. Right? I make my bed today. Well, sort of. Not everyday. Maybe, I make the bed once or twice a week.

I eat Greek yogurt sprinkled with Grape Nut Cereal every blessed day followed by a banana, melons or apples and peanut butter. Creature of habit. Total creature of habit. Most days, I eat a salad with lots of tomatoes for lunch. I may add tuna or chicken but it is mostly greens. My down fall is dinner and sweets. My husband makes dinner and he is a great cook. Then, there are the sweets. Did I ever tell you Whole Foods make the best pies? I am a sucker for cherry or apple pies.

Monday nights are fun for Bill & I. We eat dinner in front of the television and watch recorded DVR shows from the week before. We like Sleepy Hollow, Sons of Anarchy, Good Wife, Homeland, and Black List. Bill likes to watch some other shows that I would not watch such as Walking Dead and How I met your Mother.

I am not really sure why I decided to write this sort of post tonight. Maybe, it is just my living history and maybe someday when my relative researches they will come across this site and discover "me".  

No comments: