Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sick Day

It has been a long time since I called out of work sick. That is exactly what I did today after fighting this head cold the last two days. Yesterday in work, I had my patients use the hand sanitizer as they came into my office for individual sessions to protect them from my germs. I spent the day sneezing coughing and blowing my nose. I went through three packs of tissues. I left work at 3p and came home and crawled onto the recliner with my pillow, lap top computer, comforter, water, tissues, cell phone and book and called it a night. When I felt no better this morning I decided the head cold won and successfully kicked my ass therefore I called my boss and told him I would not be in. Thus began a day of writing reading taking cold medication and drinking tons of water as I remain in this recliner.

As I nurse this cold, I have been surfing the internet shopping at Macys, Amazon and QVC though I did not buy anything as I already purchased a new sofa for the shore house as well as solar lights which still need to be installed. On a positive note, the screen room has been repaired after being damaged by a tree falling on it this past winter.

I booked reservations for a Washington D.C. Easter weekend vacation in which I will take Shaun & Nikolas. I love to vacation with my grandsons.  They love Washington D.C. almost if not more than I do. We have not been down there in a few years and there is a new hotel in Washington D.C. that we will try. The most appealing part of this hotel is its roof top lounge with a fire pit that overlooks the city. When I was in Southern California a few years ago, I stayed at a hotel that was similar and it was wonderful sitting on the roof top in front of the fire pit as I looked over the pacific ocean. I still like travel and adventure and new experiences and this time of year I need to future pace as to keep the current and impending stressors at bay the best I can manage. Some people pop pills for anxiety. I seek out history and daily experiences. In my book, there is no better way to reduce feelings of anxiety or boost one's mood than to read write and travel.

No comments: