Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Gratitude

While saying my prayers last night, I remembered a promise I made to the Blessed Virgin years ago when we were in the middle of all the chaos. I remember praying (begging) to the Blessed Mother and asking her to watch over my son Joe and his daughter Ava. I remember telling her that I did not care how much pain I felt inside as long as my son and granddaughter were ok. Last night while I was praying I took the time to thank our Blessed Mother and expressed my gratitude because she kept her side of the bargain. Despite the pain I felt inside, my son and granddaughter are doing ok. My son is working everyday as a counselor and doing a ton of work on self. Instead of  learning to be a better criminal he is becoming a better person. He takes classes, works out, plays on a soft ball team, reads a lot of books and works everyday giving back to those less fortunate and who do not have the same supportive family as he. My granddaughter received all A's on her report card and she is involved in gymnastics and plays basketball. She is happy and well adjusted. Her parents remain on good terms.


In all reality, I need not complain about my struggle with depression or express how much I miss my loved ones this Christmas Season because they are both ok. Today, I am grateful.

No comments: