Friday, July 14, 2006

A World Gone Mad

Is anyone out there as nervous as I about the ongoings in the Middle East this week? I generally stay away from the subject of politics but the current happenings that have plagued the news this week have been more than a little frightening. Israel fighting on two fronts with Gaza and now Beirut. Iran threatening Israel. Israel threatening Syria. Not to mention our ongoing war with Iraq and North Korea testing nuclear missiles that are landing in the Sea of Japan. Japan is really not too happy about it either. Hundreds killed in India by local terrorists.

What the hell is going on? The end of the world is coming or what?

It is at times like this I wonder if my grandparents felt this same way when the war broke out in Europe.

It also makes me wonder who's in charge of these decisions being made? "Hey you world leaders out there, this is not a game. We live in a very dangerous nuclear age where bombs can destroy not just a city but an entire world. Are you listening out there? I have two little grandsons growing up in this world. I like to see it be here for them".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»