Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tag It

Wasn't it great of Karin to tag me? Now I have to expose the inside of my purse to the entire Blogging World. Yeah, she knows I faithfully read her blog everyday and yeah, she happens to be married to my Extremely Good Looking California Cousin John. So here it goes Karin just for you and of course everyone else..........

Because I am lovingly called the "Boring Sister" who is basically a prude when it comes to anything called "Fun" because I fail miserably in the "Be Hip" world of fashion, tattoos or Brazilian Bikini Waxes, I decided last May to trade in my classic black leather hand-bag for something a little less "classic" and a little more "not me". So I went to Kohls and bought myself a metallic gold hand-bag which I have faithfully used each and every day since then.

Did I mention I also bought the sandals to match?

Yes, I decided to throw caution in the wind and live a little. So what exactly did I find in this hand-bag four months later?

Well, let's take a look inside.

I have some sort of "white and green" zippered case that once was used to store shower/bath miniature shampoo and conditioner sets that you buy someone as a gift. This case contains the following; a checkbook, two expired bank cards, one bank card that is not expired, an optical receipt for glasses I just ordered, Kohls receipt, one postage stamp and one Triaminic thin strip. In the actual purse itself, I have one 2006-2007 planner, a receipt for car repairs, one pair of sunglasses, Back-pack Buddies Antibacterial Wipes, one hair brush, one comb, Dramamine container with a half of pill, hair tie, hair clip, bronzer, ATM receipt, old tube of mascara, pen, spare car key, my watch, Blistex Sunscreen Balm, four tubes of lipstick in the following colors; topaz, sugar, spicy and one that looks like a dark pink but is so old the label has faded, a few coupons , two advil and a ton of change.

Now it is my turn to do the tagging. Are you reading this Pam, Wife of Dingus and Kristi? Oh, and you too Marianne and Trish.................................

Spill It Ladies!!!!!

7 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Okay, I'm posting my answers on my blog today...hopefully. This could take all day. Really. :) This is fun, though. Big time.

I think your purse may almost have as much stuff as mine. Maybe. We'll have to see.....

Anonymous said...

I am proud to be a motorcycle babe but really couldn't you find a better picture of me. I looked beautiful on Sunday couldn't you used one of those.

Anonymous said...

I want to be tagged too!!!

XOXO
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting this so I had to go get my purse and dump it out all over the bed just to remind me what is in there...Funny thought: My husband won't even go in my handbag to get something out because he is afraid that something will "bite" him.

LOTS of change- this is a crazy "pet peeve" of mine. I hate to stand in line and count out exact change so I throw it in my purse for the 30th of the month. On this day, while at work, I carefully count it all out and cash it in. At one time, I cashed in $35.00. It's no wonder I'm not a "hunchback."
There are four crayons from IHOP, car keys, two packs of Marlboro Lights (one empty, one full), LOTS of receipts (habit to keep them all, even ones from Little Shaun's birthday party are in there)my college roster, a little purse given to me by Chrissy for being apart of her wedding; in there I have more receipts, atm card, 2 "emergency" credit cards, numerous consumer discount savings cards, 6 pens, a "toy" soldier leg, ewww something that looks like chewed bread, (I'll throw that away now!), checkbook, an old parking ticket that I faithfully paid online, business cards for work, and woo hoo $27.00 in cash.
Sorry ladies that's "all" I have in there.
Now I'll will go check my neighborhood papers for any good "sales" that I can spend my newly found $27.00 on tommorrow.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting this so I had to go get my purse and dump it out all over the bed just to remind me what is in there...Funny thought: My husband won't even go in my handbag to get something out because he is afraid that something will "bite" him.

LOTS of change- this is a crazy "pet peeve" of mine. I hate to stand in line and count out exact change so I throw it in my purse for the 30th of the month. On this day, while at work, I carefully count it all out and cash it in. At one time, I cashed in $35.00. It's no wonder I'm not a "hunchback."
There are four crayons from IHOP, car keys, two packs of Marlboro Lights (one empty, one full), LOTS of receipts (habit to keep them all, even ones from Little Shaun's birthday party are in there)my college roster, a little purse given to me by Chrissy for being apart of her wedding; in there I have more receipts, atm card, 2 "emergency" credit cards, numerous consumer discount savings cards, 6 pens, a "toy" soldier leg, ewww something that looks like chewed bread, (I'll throw that away now!), checkbook, an old parking ticket that I faithfully paid online, business cards for work, and woo hoo $27.00 in cash.
Sorry ladies that's "all" I have in there.
Now I'll will go check my neighborhood papers for any good "sales" that I can spend my newly found $27.00 on tommorrow.

Pam said...

Oh cool! I love being tagged!!

I have my wallet (credit cards, 43 beans, 76 cents, dental card and insurance card), a clear plastic makeup bag containing face powder and lipstick, a band for my hair, a piece of paper with all of the window measurements in our new house, directions to a church where i see a christian counselor, 2 pencils, a pen, my checkbook, a pair of sunglasses, my bally's gym card, a bed, bath & beyond 20% coupon and my passport (so THAT'S where that went!).

actually, i seem to be a minimalist compared to some people. and really very dull.

Thanks Pat - that was fun!!

Anonymous said...

hey aunt patty
i read your blog occasionally, but have never commented, but its a saturday and im pregnant so my friends no longer invite me out...and dumping my purse sounded interesting, so here it goes
~coach wallet containing a atm card, drivers license, super fresh card, owners card, tickets for free songs (that i will probably never use), borders rewards card, social security card, coupon for a free car wash, id number for school, bank account numbers, a love letter from my boyfriend, bank reciept, more reciepts, 3 post its with random phone numbers, 12 dollars, a gold chain, change, a barbell, and one of my boyfriends rings. (that was just my wallet!)
~maiden maternity reciept
~5 pens
~sunglasses
~more change
~2 bills that need to be mailed
~a business card
~a bank reciept
~a postcard for free offers to from huggies


as i typed this i realized that as i am becoming a mother, i am also becoming my mother with way too much stuff in my purse!