Wednesday, January 31, 2007

When Down Just Kick In Teeth

I received my very first Birthday Card yesterday.

No, my Birthday is not for another two weeks.

The card was signed by the CEO of the hospital.

It also contained a pass for a free meal in the hospital cafeteria.

Generally, this would be a thoughtful gift because it is always nice to be remembered.

However,

After 20 years of devoted service and while out on a medical leave for a work related injury,

I received "Via" mail two weeks ago a two line letter which stated my position had been terminated.

No phone call.

No fanfare.

Nothing.

After 20 years.

Excuse me if I feel a little bitter.

4 comments:

KarinGal said...

Sorry to hear about this, Pat.

Pam said...

I'm sorry Pat. I wonder if you feel betrayed, especially after you've given so much to the hospital. You've been loyal and they haven't.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,
I'm a cousin to Karen Gallegher on her Mom's side-- I've so much enjoyed reading about your wedding and the family history but this one blogg makes me see red. I truly hope you have a suit against the hospital and the patient for the damage done to you and your future employment opportunities.

Kristi K. said...

That really stinks. I am so sorry, Pat.