Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Keller, Ritter, Voigt Connection

It is possible that my great great grandmother Elisabeth Voigt Keller and Mary Voigt Ritter were sisters. As a matter of fact, I am almost certain they were sisters. The more I research these families, the more I can piece together the connection.http://ajourneyintothepast.blogspot.com/2007/02/heinrich-henry-b-ritter.html

If you click onto the link above, you will see a photograph of Mary Voigt Ritter. Although, I do not have a photograph of Elisabeth Voigt Keller, it is possible she resembled this photograph. Can you make out any distinct Gallagher features? The Gallagher eyes, perhaps or the shape of her face? I can see my mother and grandfather's eyes, features of my Aunt Ann's, my Aunt Nana's (grandpop's sister) and even little Shea's (John & Karin's daughter) face. I am sure if I give it more thought, there are many other family members who share some if not most of these features. Can you spot a resemblance or two in your own kids?

We always believed that my grandfather William Gallagher looked more like his mother (Mary Elisabeth Keller) than his father (William Joseph Gallagher). Elisabeth Voigt Keller was my grandfather's grandmother and Mary Keller Gallagher's mother. Interesting?

I am currently researching the families of Jacob and Frederick Keller, brothers to my great great grandfather John Keller. What I have discovered so far was how many Keller cousins, there were who lived in the neighborhood and grew up together. Addresses of Keller Cousins, I found so far are 127 Green Lane, 126 Walnut Street, 128 Walnut Street, 309 Roxborough Avenue and 4200 Pechin Street. There are many more Keller relations in the area between the years 1880 to 1940. It is times like this that, I wish my own grandparents were alive, so I could ask them if they remember these cousins.

No comments: