Monday, January 05, 2009

Mini Van Mom Mom

I tempted fate, and it laughed right back into my face. Years ago, I swore I would never drive a station wagon, or mini van. Both of these vehicles I equated to being "old & boring" and way too "responsible". Therefore, I never drove either, while raising my three sons. I was not having any "old or boring".

Then all of a sudden, I had three grandchildren who required "car seats"with "seat belts". None of which my little two door black car could accommodate. So it happened. I became a Mini Van Mom Mom, and though I truly hate driving that truck-like vehicle around, which I can't park in any normal size city parking spot, I have to admit, it has lots of room for those little darlings to stretch out, and they love driving around in it.

So I guess I learned one thing, and that is never say never, because fate has this funny way of sneaking up and biting you squarely on the ass.

1 comment:

steveroni said...

What a nice title for a movie that would make: "Never Say Never" -grin

That bite mark--I would have sworn it was a mosquito, out of season. Fate, huh?

Always "in season"!