Monday, February 27, 2012

Dreams

My brother with my son who was three years old.


A week or so ago, I mentioned I had a dream about my brother. He looked happy, was surrounded with a glow of light, and sat across the table from me, and told me everything would be alright. Today, my son (his godchild) told me he is having dreams of my brother. He told me the dream repeats itself. He is in a house with his uncle and his uncle had a glow around him. He took my son to the basement, where there were all these games. My brother was happy and he told my son to come with him. The next part of the dream, my son loses his way from the house and is frantically trying to find it and my brother. He said, he felt as though my brother wanted my son with him...But he kept getting lost.

I told my son to get on his knees and pray to him, as I have done myself.

My son was one month short of his 14th birthday when my brother died. Life for all of us changed that summer. I know how I felt and what my parents went through, but I never stopped to think how his death impacted my children who were 14, 15 and 19 years old. My brother was a wonderful uncle to them. He spent time getting down on the floor and playing with them. He was loving, caring and so kind. My boys knew how much their uncle loved them. Now, I wonder what message he is trying to give us.

No comments: