Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another Viewpoint

At this point, most of us have heard about the horrendous event that occurred in Colorado where a midnight view of a new movie release resulted in a very sick man who opened fired on a theater crowd killing and wounding a multitude of people. Everywhere I turn, I see another viewpoint, opinion, comment on the shooting. Everyone is blaming everyone else. I say, STOP.

Why are we so shocked and horrified over this crime? While everyone is busy pointing the finger at everyone else, let us take a look at the real responsible parties involved. It is "we", "us" who are responsible for such an act. We sit our children in front of violent video games, so that the kids are out of our way and then we wonder how an incident in Colorado, or any other state could occur.

We created this society of violence by our own acts. We have guns in our homes, many without proper permits. We worry about every other country and neglect our own. We have corrupted top officials voted in that run the government. We permit law enforcement to lie. We fail to educate our children. Children are being born to people who have no intention of supporting or caring for them. Sit the suckers down in front of an expensive video system with videos that encourage shootings and killings, so we do not have to parent. Wake up! This society is going to hell in a hand basket, and we waste so much time blaming, when what we should be doing is coming up with solutions.

From what I heard and read in the news (do not believe everything in the news), this man dressed up with a mask and armor, threw a smoke bomb, then began shooting. Sound familiar? Sounds like a video game to me. Then, we take six years old to a midnight show to watch violence in a movie theater. Really?

This guy is sick. Very sick. He became part of some fantasy created in his mind and that = a psychotic break = loss of reality + add a history of violent exposure = a violent psychotic break. First psychotic breaks occur in late teens or early 20's. He is paranoid. I will not diagnose him, because I am not his therapist, nor do I know enough about him to even give an opinion. I only know what I heard and read. I will not rush in and judge him, but I will sure as hell rush in and blame society.

We created this society. How do we fix it?

No comments: