Thursday, October 18, 2012

How It Works

Feedjit Site
  • Located on the very lower right hand part of the site.
  • Shows where people are viewing from.
  • Shows what link they came on.
  • Sometimes shows what link they left on.
  • Person can remove themselves from coming up on it.
  • It is not private, so anyone can see it.
Behind the Scenes.
  • I can see where all the traffic comes in from. The site you came from, what you looked at, the site you left.
  • This is visible to the administrator only.
  • It helps me know what people are researching.
  • Right now, the top site is How Obama paid for his Harvard Education.
  • I get about 45,000 hits.
  • If you remove self from feedjit, I can still see where you came from. But it is only I (administrator) who can see it. It is not public.
  • It is very specific.
  • Most people are researchers.
  • Lately, I think some just are keeping up on political facts.
  • I became connected to relatives I did not know existed.
  • Any comment left must be confirmed, before I allow it posted.
  • Most of the comments, I keep in draft.
  • I have nearly 3,000 posts since 2005. 345 of those posts are in draft, which means I can read them, but they are not available to the public. I can publish a draft at any time, or place a published post back into draft.
  • This blog is international.
Labels
  • Every post has a few labels attached to them, so when people research, that post will show.
  • All labels are listed on right hand size of site.
  • You can research a name, place or a thing.
  • I write about all the places I travel to.
  • I write about places I eat at.
  • Genealogy is the main topic, though I will write about things in the present.
  • There is 20 years of research on this site and when new information becomes available I post it.
  • I can write posts and schedule when they will be published.
  • I have added Find a Grave for my ancestors and for those who want to research their own ancestors.
  • I can add links to other sites. I chose to just add my husband's link to his Art Work.
  • Because I work in the field of Drug & Alcohol and Mental Health, I will write as a therapist at times especially if it can be helpful and/or I tried it myself. I strongly believe in Holistic Approaches.
  • Blog writing is work especially when you research subjects.
  • Blog writing can also be based on your own opinions.
  • I have a habit of writing in the third person.
Other
  • Blog is not on a search engine for blogs, so it makes it difficult for stalkers just looking for news.
  • If someone wants to stalk me, they would need the name of the blog.
  • Researchers come on by searching for specific things, therefore they find this site by using specific labels.
  • I do not mind that people are interested in what I write or just to see what is going on.
  • Stalkers are defined as people who want to do harm and/or are patients of mine. I do have security features as to alert me to this.
  • I take alerts very seriously and have taken down the entire site and placed it in draft as a result. When this occurs, it will come up as private though private just means I can see it, but no one else. I only had to do this once and it was off for three months.


No comments: