Friday, October 26, 2012

Shoes and Shoes

Ok. I must really be running out of things to write about, since this is my third post on shoes. Let's talk about this pair, shall we. I love shoes. I love shoes that are timeless and classic, as well as different and funky. These are a pair of great flats that go great with a pair of grey slacks, white sweater and pearl jewelry. Ok, so now you know how I went to work today. I like flats, because they are comfortable and easy to get around in. However, I like different with a taste of unusual and funky. The interesting thing about my taste in shoes is that it does not resemble to my taste in clothes. I wear clothes that are timeless and classic without frills. I work in a professional environment, so Fall/Winter = Suits with skirts, tights and boots to the knee. Spring/Summer = dresses without hose.
I am as comfortable in a suit, as I am in a pair of jeans and sneakers. Of course, I wear pants to work with heels, flats or ankle boots, but I stick with basic colors like black, brown, khaki and grey. In the winter, I may wear a sweater or blouse. In summer I may wear a tank with an overlay. I am fond of jeans and sweatshirts, or sweaters on the weekends. Hot Summer months = crop pants in the basic colors already stated adding a white pair.

My taste has never really changed. I always wore timeless and classic styles. I like to buy good clothes that last years. Pearls are my favorite gem stone, though I do wear gold and silver. I am not much into costume jewelry. I rather have a few good pieces of gold and silver, than a ton of costume jewelry. I shop at a few stores. Kohl's, Macy's and DSW. If I am in another city and see something interesting in a shop, I will purchase it. However, I never buy unless there is a sale. The only time I would buy something that is not on sale is if I really needed it for an occasion, or it blew me out of this world, which is seldom.

For twenty years, I wore scrubs and lab coats. When I went back to school, I traded that look for a more professional look. I still have those scrubs packed away somewhere. I keep telling myself, I need to give them away. I love science, but I figured a way to use it in my new field. I teach the Addictive Brain and Co-occurring Disorders. Neurobiology is fascinating as well as Genetics.

OK, you can wake up now:) 

No comments: