Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Change

Began the move to my new office today. The first thing I carried in was my lamp. I waited five years for this office. It has a wonderful view of the woods and my group room is right next door. The desk, chair, bookcase are in. The brand new computer complete with Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point is set up. The printer/fax/copier are ordered.

Most of my colleagues hang their degrees in their office. My degrees are still stored in their original packages. I am going to decorate using Bill's Art Work and we discussed adding specific words to the pieces I select such as believe, faith, hope, building bridges and taking down walls, courage, recovery, personal responsibility. I want bright colors and a carefully planned out direct focal point picture in view of the patient across from where he/she sits during our one on one sessions. I still need to transfer my phone number which should occur tomorrow. In the group room, I want a dry erase board as I like to educate as well as use the room for therapeutic groups.  I am really excited about this change. I still have so much to move from the previous office especially my books and assignments, I give to my patients. I also need a supply of consent forms.

January is back to school. This time it will be at Bryn Mawr College where I will be taking three classes in January and February, which = 15 credits. My profession is mandated to receive 25 credits per year as required by the state. The first thing Bill asked me was "another degree?" Probably Bill, I already have 181 credits. The classes I am taking mix biology with addiction. The first class is Addiction and the Central Nervous System followed by the most updated psychopharmacology and then Recovery, Ethics and psychopharmacology. I am looking for a class on Borderline Personality Disorders and another on Eating Disorders. Diagnoses common in mental health/chemical dependency facilities.

No comments: