Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Monday

I was suppose to attend a training to recertify my CPR. Instead I had to leave work early to attend a 2p meeting in town. Seriously, 30 dollars to park for two hours?

Walking in Center City around 15th & Walnut Streets was like walking in New York City in Times Square. If one did not walk fast and on the right side of the sidewalk, one would be knocked over to the ground and trampled on.

It is Monday, folks! Not Christmas!

I will have to reschedule my CPR recertification for next month. Thankfully, it only needs to be recertified every two years. I did CPR once. I doubt I will ever use it again. I will reach for the phone instead. My work place requires CPR certification. I am not taking it because I want to jump in and save a life. I am taking it because I have no other choice. The one time I used CPR, it was unsuccessful.

The appointment in town? More bad news to cope with. I do not think I will ever get use to bad news even when I know it is coming.

The most interesting statement I heard today. "If you are white and educated, you will be looked upon as you should have known better". When I heard that statement, I was too shocked to respond. Does one need to apologize for being too white or too educated or too stupid? The verdict is still out on that one! I am thinking that the ones who actually believe that statement are the ones who should have known better no matter which color they are.

No comments: