Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mistakes

He told me he held a grudge for years because I did not notify him when his godfather died. He had just completed 8th grade and was down the shore with his friend and their family. I do not know why I did not tell him. Truth be told, I barely remember those days after his death. Apparently, I did not inform my son until he can back from the shore when my brother was already interred. What a horrible mistake that was. Why did I not tell him? He had a right to know. Did I try to protect him or was I in such shock I never remembered? I cannot answer that question. What is done is done. I never knew how much it impacted my son. He never told me until years later. He said he never got to say goodbye. I kept that from him.

I have made so many mistakes. So many mistakes in raising my boys.

No comments: