Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Profession

We have treatment team everyday. At this treatment team sit nine counselors, director, and UR. We discuss patients. We get ideas. We get support. We also discuss things like patient awareness, teamwork, etc.. Yesterday, the director brought up patient awareness and began to share about a patient whom he had a conversation. The patient told him "I" and "yes" that would be "me" was the "best counselor he ever had and he had been in three rehabs this past year".

I am humble on two fronts; the patient saying this and my director bringing it up in treatment team.

It is nice to know that the work you do can actually make a difference to another person. I really work hard. I really put my entire self into this profession. I am humble and grateful because I know it is not about me but about the person who is ready to change. I was just in the right place at the right time.

No comments: