Sunday, March 23, 2014

Little Girl Within


Something about laying in this bed in this room in this house that makes me feel safe like a little girl with her mom and dad.  Listening to the familiar chimes from the hallway's grandfather's clock that stands tall between the two landings of the staircase, which sound soothes and warms the soul. Looking out the large double window from my bedroom watching the wind blow through the trees and hearing the sound of the wind as it knocks on the windows itself. The thought that I will be here all week and how that thought comforts me. Snuggled up in the down comforter with the knowledge that my support is a stairway down. I am about to embark on the hardest week of my life but know that I am not alone. My parents are a stone throw away, my sister within driving distance, my husband beside me and my friends who have me and mine in thought and prayer, I am ready. Well? Almost.

No comments: