Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Grandchildren, Husband, Family Life, Books

 First and foremost, My granddaughter Ava (age 10y) who is in the 5th grade received Straight A's on her report card and her teachers reported she is a sweet well behaved girl. I am really glad her mother contacted me last night with the update. Congrats Ava! I am so proud of you.


My grandson Nikolas will celebrate his 13th birthday on November 30th. I cannot believe he will be a teenager.


Speaking of teenagers, my grandson Shaun who is 16yrs old has a high school football game tomorrow morning (Thanksgiving Day).


The littlest granddaughter Aubree (age 2y) will be visiting today and the plan is to take her to the mall for black dress shoes. I am taking her to see "The Nutcracker" ballet this Christmas season and we need shoes to match her dress and dress coat with matching hat.






My husband surprised me with Roses on Monday.




On Tuesday, the furniture came for the "Man Cave" a.k.a. family room, office, music room. Bill picked out the furniture. He wanted something that was comfortable so comfortable furniture he received. Both sofa and chair are recliners.




I forgot to mention another book I recently read prior to my current book "The Last Republicans" (which by the way I am almost finished and highly recommend). The book is "Sisi: Empress on her Own" by Allison Pataki. I am not sure how factual the book was but it did not give a good representation of the Empress of Austria who was also Queen of Hungry. The book depict her as self-absorbed and self-centered who did not have a close relationship with her two oldest children however suffocated and micro-managed her youngest child. The book also depict her as a person who was never at peace with herself nor content and settled. I came away not liking the character. I would be curious to read another viewpoint on her. 

No comments: