Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Surgery and Genealogy

I am officially eight days post surgery and I feel pretty good. When I woke up from surgery I realized the chronic nerve pain in my right leg and buttocks was gone replaced by a throbbing surgical site. It appeared the surgery was a success as it had corrected the problem. I spent two days in the hospital and struggled with a low grade fever for three days. By the time I was five days post surgery, I was getting up and down with minimal help and had taken my first shower without assistance. Six days post surgery I took a walk on the supportive arm of my husband however later on that day I noticed fluid from the wound which increased suddenly and resulted in an emergency room visit where I met my surgeon to rule out a CFS leak (complication of spinal surgery). Thankfully, it was not a CFS leak but a hematoma which was removed and received a set of new stiches. Seven days post surgery was a tough day because the new stiches caused pain and it was difficult to get comfortable but now I am here at eight days post surgery and I feel so much improved.


In the days a head and as I convalesce, I thought about researching the history of the hospitals of Philadelphia past and present. I do not always have the time to engaged in the genealogy side of myself these days with a busy career and family so this could be an opportunity to engaged in the creative side of myself.

No comments: