Thursday, October 19, 2006

There Is A Story About These Feet

If you have not noticed by the photograph, Shaun spent the entire drive (all 3 hours of it) torturing Bill with his feet. If he was not kicking the back of his chair, he was putting his feet up on the head-rest behind Bill's head. It made for an interesting trip and of course I did not make things any better by laughing at Shaun's antics the entire time that is until he decided to take off those sneakers then my laughter turned into a sound much like a cat with its tail caught in the door.

OHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN, did his feet STINK.

And I cannot emphasize the word STINK enough.

Between the gagging and pleading for him to put his shoes back on and the stench of old sour milk throughout the car, I did not care what the temperature was outside nor did I care we were going 65 miles an hour on highway 95, the window came down. As a matter of fact, I was tempted to throw his feet out the car window but with my luck a cop would see me and we would be pulled over for littering and be fined until the cop realized that what I actually threw out the window was a five year old's stinky feet then I would be arrested for polluting the environment. However, in my defense, if I gave a whiff of those feet to the cop, he may have been so disgusted by them that he may have actually let me go with nothing more then a warning not to do it again.

Truly, this kid did take a bath that morning and I made sure he put on a clean pair of socks. (otherwise he would put on yesterday's socks) Shaun is not picky about "how clean his socks are", he is only picky about how they feel . If they feel damp or have a tag in them then he is nothing short of a homicidal maniac.

Too make a long smelly story short, I threaten him with "odor-eaters" if he did not put those shoes back on. Fearing what an "odor-eater" actually was, he complied and we spent the rest of the trip in relatively "fresh air".

He continued, however, to kick Bill's chair. Glad he was not sitting behind me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, my son's feet do STINK. No matter how many times I replace his sneakers...the "smell' tends to reappear!