Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Someone Is Either A Complete Moron Or They Forgot That They Actually Let Me Go

Today, I received a Confidential Exit Interview from my former employer of twenty-years. Let me just sum it up for you while I sit here in shock.

The form asked a number of questions which by the way I am suppose to fill out and send back to Human Resources. (I had to take a second look as to where I was suppose to actually send this form after completion because the two sentence termination letter dated January 5th, 2007 that I received did come from that same department) Oh if you prefer to read about that, please click on this previous post. http://ajourneyintothepast.blogspot.com/2007/01/when-down-just-kick-in-teeth.html

Anyway to make a very long story short, here are a few examples of the type of questions they want me to answer.

Why did you initially decide to join (name of hospital)?

What is your reason for leaving now? other employment? to attend school? no child care? moving out of the area?

Did you consider a transfer to another department prior to leaving?

Could anything have been done to prevent your leaving? Please comment.

Would you ever consider returning? Yes? No?

Please rate the following about your department. (which gave me the option to chose excellent, good, fair, poor or N/A.

Working conditions?
Staffing?
Opportunity for advancement?
Rate of pay?
Health insurance?

and various other-like questions.

Then it asked me to rate my supervisor? Too bad Back-Stabbing was not an option in which to choose from.

Then it asked me whether or not I would recommend this place to my friends as a place to work?

Finally, it asked me one last question. Do I have any suggestions that I felt would make this a better place to work?

I am just wondering if I should enclose that birthday card/free meal with my reply?

No comments: