Saturday, November 16, 2013

New and Old

It has been an interesting week. Bill & I went to see the Pompeii exhibit at the Franklin Institute today.


 
It is one place I did not see on my trip to Italy.

Then we messed around with pictures before we went into the museum.


 
Decided to have a mid-day meal at the City Tavern where I dined on the Franklin Chicken and Bill ate the Weiner Schnitzel.
 
 
I had a few trainings on Monday which were mandatory for my profession. Handle with Care is a series of self-defense techniques used when working with a difficult population. Personally, my self-defense technique is picking up a phone and calling a code. The second training was my re-certification in CPR. Again, I will call a code. Yes. I have used Handle with Care and CPR with good and not so good results. I will call for a code. End of Story!
 
We went for a second opinion and it resulted in one person being fired and another hired. The decision was my son's. I will add at this point that I am proud of him for making the decision to fight and not give up. His life is worth it.
 
I wanted to take someone to see "The Nutcracker" at the Academy of Music. Of course, it is not permitted. At this moment, I have had enough. I am a good decent hard-working loving caring person. There is a saying, "People treat you as you allow them to".
 
My mother gave me this picture.
 
 
I love it!

One of the ways I start my day is by watching the dawn arise. Here are some of this week's sun rises.



We had a snow shower on this morning.




Same location. Same time. Different sky.

Shoes of the week.



 
 

Was sent some old pictures when I was a teenager. Got to love It.

 1977

1976 (The girl in the middle is Josie who is my oldest son's godmother)


1976

1976 (The guy in the blue shirt is my older brother, Michael. We had the same friends since we were close in age.)

No comments: