Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dreams and Memories

I was dreaming I was falling then woke up on the floor. The clock indicated it was 1248am. I tried to go back to sleep but my mind was flooded with memories from the past so I decided to write. All of my memories are about a child in the preschool years. As the memories came and went I realized that all I had were memories from the early years and there were few to none of any new memories made thereafter. If that has happened in regards to her  I wonder if I will experience the same scenario when it comes to him. All I know is that I am trying to navigate this new way of living and it has been an uphill climb. The lack of sleep on a weekend when I am the onsite counselor has been a challenge. I look forward to my weekday off so I can try to rest.

In the meantime this was my view from home tonight and I must admit I sat in awe and wonder.


Picture provided by the photographer husband. 



No comments: