Thursday, March 26, 2015

Avid Reader

Since March 9th, I have read The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough, Jackie, Ethel, Joan by Randy Taraborelli, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis by Barbara Leaming and I am currently reading Mary Boleyn by Alison Weir.

I love to read especially if the stories are based in real historical events. Since I read The Johnstown Flood I am now interested in making a trip out to Johnstown to see the history in person. I love everything "Kennedy" and if it is English Medieval  History, I am so there!

My head cold is still driving me a bit nuts however it is improving. I will be the first to admit I am a terrible patient. I spent one day at home and considered taking a second day off from work but made the decision to go to work instead.  There is always so much to do and I have patients on my caseload who depend on me being there. I had to prepare four patients for discharge this week and in turn received four new admissions. In addition to my patients, I assign all new patients who are admitted to all the counselors in keeping stable patient to counselor ratio. I am also training a newly hired counselor this week to replace Sarah who left last month to start a private practice. Jennifer is leaving next week to work in another UHS facility in Brookhaven doing Intensive Outpatient therefore another new counselor will also need to be trained.

I signed up for an online class in Irish History at Trinity College in Dublin,  (Apparently, I cannot get enough of school.) I visited Trinity College when we where in Ireland last year. It is a truly beautiful school so when I saw they had a class online for Irish History, I could not resist. It is an accelerated six week course which is find with me as I spent most of my time in college taking accelerated classes that spending an entire fifteen week (regular) semester would appear way too long.

Did I mention I am tired of this cold and even more tired of eating soup? Three days of soup is even too much for this soup loving human.

Time to get back to my book so I can keep Amazon in business with the number of books I purchase for myself, and my son Joe.

No comments: