First located at Ridge Avenue and the Wissahickon Creek, the mill was famous for making the Army Blankets for the Union soldiers during the Civil War. The mill was demolished in 1872 by the Fairmont Park Commission to extend the Wissahickon Park. The mill moved its location to Ridge Avenue and Scotts Lane where it stayed in business until the late 1930's. Like other mills of its time, its employees included children who worked 12 hour days (6a to 5p) at a rate of 3 dollars a week and like other mills if one member of a family offended the employer, the entire family risked being laid off.
Today the walls surrounding the mill have been torn down and apartments have been built in what was once the mill.